1. Methanation catalyst for hydrogen production is used in methanation process of coke oven gas, blast furnace gas to produce LNG,CNG.
2. It is used in isothermal or heat removal reactor.
In hydrogen production and ammonia production units, AM-JWM-103 methanation catalyst is used to promote the reaction of low concentration carbon oxides (such as C0, CO:)
with excess hydrogen to generate Inert gas CH, and easily removed Ha0, so as to purify the gas and protect the downstream catalyst
△H°298= -260KJ/Mol CO+3H2→CH4+H2O
△H°298= -165KJ/Mol CO2+4H2→CH4+2H2O
Features of methanation catalyst for hydrogen production:
1. Low light off temperature, excellent activity and stability, low COX slip.
2. High mechanical strength and structural stability, high heat resistance to fierce exotherm from methanation of high CO content gas, long service time.
3. Reduced catalyst can be supplied, shorten start-up time.
Methanation is a convenient and economical method tor gas purification. It can reduce the carbon oxide to a low residual content of 10-5 (VN). The outlet CO + CO2 of a properly designed and operated methanation reactor is usually easily reduced to less than 10×10°(V/N). In addition, the service life of large hydrogen and ammonia production equipment can reach more than 5 years.
Operating conditions of methanation catalyst for hydrogen production:
Color and shape
Average crush strength/(N.cm-1)